Saturday, October 25, 2008

How to build a Rep Strap Darwin.

My personal documented history of building a Rep Strap Darwin, meaning a Darwin Built without any Rep Rap Parts. Built in the UK with the aim to maintain a minimal cost of parts. This Blog will detail all of the drawings required, price of parts and the suppliers used in the project. Providing any additional information and experiences during construction.

The Starting point.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Steel frame Kit orderd

Ordered the Steel Frame Kit from Bits From Bytes as because I don't know any suppliers up in the north west, did not have time to find a supplier of the raw steel it was a lazy option I guess.
(I know plenty of places in the South east 240 miles away ~ the main draw back of relocation is loss of local knowledge)

Anticipating the arrival of this kit I used a jigsaw to cut the Darwin print platform out of MDF tonight.
From Blogger Pictures
As I now have almost two full sets of working electronics so I though might as well have two set ups to play with; A wooden Darwin driven by Sanguino and the Rep Strap Bertha driven by the Arudrino.
From Blogger Pictures
I also have a 500mm x 500mm x 500mm CNC in the process of being constructed based on the experiences of the Rep Strap Bertha build. Still using draw slides but 24" heavy duty ones some thing like a 50kg load capacity per pair. I will wait for the new new Stepper Motor Driver v2.0 PCB kit from Zack to drive this beast. I have created another Blog called Big Bertha CNC to document the progress of this project. http://bigberthacnc.blogspot.com/ this will run behind and along side the other two Blogs and will have the ability to use an extruder as well.

No comments: